[udig-devel] Eclipse 3.4.2

I found out on the user list that a couple people have been through
the directions with the "latest" Eclipse 3.4.2 download. I gave it a
go myself just now and have had no troubles; due to the instructions
now asking you to install the "rcp delta pack" yourself the "extras"
download did not have to be modified from Eclipse 3.4.1.

I have made an extras-3.4.2 just so there is no confusion.

However the instructions on this page
http://udig.refractions.net/confluence/display/ADMIN/03+Eclipse+for+RCP+Developers
appear to be out of date.

The procedure that works for me is to:
1. download and unzip eclipse 3.4.2 into C:\java\ecllipse
2. download and unzip the rcp delta pack over top of C:\java\ecllipse
3. Unzip extras-3.4.2 into the C:\java\eclipse\dropins folder

To repeat the delta pack cannot be placed in the dropins folder.

If I can ask someone to confirm this works before we try updating the
above instructions.

Jody

Back to the top