Re: [udig-devel] Map3D in UDIG

For Udiggers

who want to have 2.5D or 3D virtual globes. please get a look to

Warm regards,

riccardo

On Mar 24, 2009, at 12:11 PM, eline lachat wrote:

Hi all,

We are planning a development of 3D capabilities on uDIG using OSGVirtualPlanets (osgvp http://www.gvsig.org/web/projects/gvsig-commons/osgvp) into UDIG. osgVP is a 3D framework based on OpenSceneGraph for GIS development in Java.

We think follow this way to integrate the 3D viewers into Udig:
- Make a Map3D element that is like a MapImpl (the Map3D implementation is almost the same that a Map implementation)
- Make an Eclipse Editor Part that is associated to the new element Map3D. An editor already exists in OSGVP, so we want to extend it.
- To pass the layer events on the layerManager of the OSGVP to draw the layer.

We think that the best way is to reuse the MaplImp element because the map3D is almost the same. We'd like use it in the existing Editor developped in OSGVP.
We are developing the Map3DEditor and we would like to know if the plan of work correponds to the best solution.

The goal of the integration is to can use every functionnalities of a Map in a Map3D.

Best regards,

Eline