Re: [udig-devel] Udig dependencies

I am interesting in knowing which parts of uDig you want to use :-)

For a real minimal set please look at the tracking tutorial and tracking feature as described here:
http://udig.refractions.net/confluence/display/DEV/2+Training+Materials#2TrainingMaterials-Tracking

This defines a *real* minimal set that does not even include a MapEditor; it is just enough to let a "MapViewer" widget work; the example shows adding a MapViewer widget to a view in a normal RCP app (the RCP app was the mail app as generated by the eclipse new project wizard).

If you look at the feature definition here you will see a really minimal set; you can further adjust that by removing catalog plugins for any format you are not interested in.

To go beyond this we have the "issue" of net.refractions.catalog.libs containing many jars. There was some discussion on how to break out of this solutions (and having many of the jars as standalone OSGi plug-ins - but I am still awaiting enthusiasm and a geotools proposal to make this happen).

Jody