RE: [udig-devel] How does one change the saving and loading sld styleinformation?

Sure, the user opens a layer from the system (the layer will be saved in the database as well) and it opens using the predefined style that is saved in the database. If the user changes the style and they have the permissions the style will change for everyone the next time they load the layer. An example would be the user wants to see all of the fire hydrants in the city, they open the hydrant layer and it opens displaying as red hydrant icons for every point in the layer.

To me it looks like SLDContent doesn’t actually know enough about the layer to be used to load and save the layer from the database, the StyleBlackboard however does have enough information for me to know which layer I am referring to so it seems we will just have to modify that plug-in and from now on patch that change back in every time we update.

Justin

From: udig-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:udig-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jody Garnett
Sent: Tuesday, January 27, 2009 4:35 AM
To: User-friendly Desktop Internet GIS
Subject: Re: [udig-devel] How does one change the saving and loading sld styleinformation?

Let us break down your use case a bit more; right now we load and save a project / map / layer data structure from disk.

Are you looking to save everything in the database? Or are you looking to "override" part of the normal load/save process and force some centrally defined styles onto an already existing Map?

Can you give me your requirement in user terms?

Back to your technical question - please review the following class:

This should provide enough detail for you read in a blob of SLD from your database and apply it to an existing layer.

Jody