Re: [udig-devel] WMS-C Caching / MapInfo .TAB export

Hello John,

Have a look in the WMSTileSet.java class at the updateID(). Theoretically this method should return a unique identifier for each layer that is supposed to be consistent across runs (at the moment it doesn't look like it does that).

Emily

John Hudson wrote:
Hello, I have been working on a patch for the issues but have run into something that is a bit beyond me at the present:

The issue with restarting uDig and not having any wms-c layers re-rendered on the map with error: "Connection to Resource Failed..." seems to stem from the check in CatalogImpl when trying to resolve a handle (an IResolve) for the wms-c layer.

The upon checking each of the layers in a wms-c catalogue entry (in URLUtils.urlEquals ), fails. This is due to the stripRef which is  always different when the wms-c catalogue entry is re-loaded.

Does anyone know how this "ID" is created or saved in the memo, and if it can be changed from this seemingly random ID to something useful? So far I have had little luck tracking it down. Seems it could be a default thing in the SAX parser.

For some clarity the Map.umap is attached: the layersID is "http://wmsc1.terrapages.net/getpngmap?REQUEST=GetCapabilities&SERVICE=WMS?tiled=true#464378263";

But upon reloading uDig the ID for the catalogue entry will be something completely different, so it always returns the "Connection to Resource Failed..." error on that layer.

My forward apologies if this makes little sense...but does anyone have any ideas where I could go looking to solve this? Or any pointers?

Cheers, John