Re: [udig-devel] drag from Map and drop ....

Ok the two points.

First is dragging the current selection. Each tool can define a selection provider. Since the current selection is what is dragged according to the udig DND framework so in effect the tool determines what can be dragged. Currently all that needs to be done to drag from the map is to create a dropaction extension point. (I think that's what the point is called.

The second point is what happens when you drag something out of udig to say an email. This is where things get funny and surprisingly platform dependent. When dragging within udig the selection is what is dragged (or from the DND POV the objects within the selection). When dragging out of udig the object dragged is not the object(normally). There are a set of "transfer" objects that the must be used to take data out of udig. Text HTML files etc... Are type main types. Made an implementation back in the day that didn't really do it for me.

That is a quick rundown of what is going on. Actually there is a bit more there is a selection framework in the system that is not yet in use but really should be.

Let me know what specific questions you have. And maybe we can have a IRC chat later. Let me know if that is what you want.

Jesse