[udig-devel] Label not drawn in map

Dear list,
is it possible to force the Renderer to draw a label (Textsymbolizer) even it is very large relative to its feature?

image_1.jpg shows a screenshot with a map with several layers. The orange and the red features (type: MultiPolygon) should have a label with the name of this area. But its not drawn. Zooming in to one part of the red feature shows the label (image_2.jpg).
I've already set this parameter in my application:
ProjectPlugin.getPlugin().getPreferenceStore().setDefault(PreferenceConstants.P_IGNORE_LABELS_OVERLAPPING, true); but this doesn't help cause there is no label overlapping. I guess the renderer avoid rendering labels that might be to large relative to the feature. Or is it a problem with MultiPolygon that the Renderer just dont know where to put the label?

Additionally: As you see I'm using a halo around the label. And the halo uses the radius for every letter creating a kind of bubble. Is is possible to get a rectangle with rounded corners like on the scalebar?

Thanks, Matthias

JPEG image

JPEG image

Back to the top