[udig-devel] ID

I did look at the GeoServer Catalog class (they now just use a String for identifier).

To follow up our conversation I have committed a sample ID class with the following api:

class ID {
  ID( File );
  ID( URI );
  ID( URL );
boolean equals( Object );
  int hashCode();

  File toFile()
  String toString();
  URI toURI();
  URL toURL();
}

I will try it out and let you know if it helps at all.

Jody