From: udig-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:udig-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Ugo Taddei
Sent: lunes, 06 de octubre de 2008 18:31
To: User-friendly Desktop Internet GIS
Subject: RE: [udig-devel] Always have a layer on top (glass pane?)

Hello mario,

Mario Nuñez Jimenez said:
Hello,
thank you for answering. It is sad but true, this is very difficult...
I am not sure if I did understand...
The glass pane is a Swing component?

the glass pane is also a concept, and has an impl in udig for you to
annotate yours maps. Other solutions for your problem are (1) use a normal
layer and programmatically ensure it's always on top, and (2) use a
MapGraphic. there are good examples on the svn (code examples and
tutorial). I'm afraid the examples are not easy to understand, as one
requires a lot of background on eclipse.

I was thinking in a Udig layer
to represent geographical information not a special swing pane...

What layer is it? Shapefile, DB, ? I'm sure you can implement in udig what
you want, but there are ways which are more appropriate than others.

Ugo

I am doubting if would be of help this component for the purposes I have.
Thank you anyway I till take a look.
Cheers.