Re: [udig-devel] Map Blackboard Serialization Issues

Emily Gouge wrote:
I could put this chunk of code inside a try/catch block and eat up any exceptions that are thrown, but I'm not sure this is the best thing to do as I always get annoyed when exceptions get eaten up and I'm trying to debug problems. What do you think?
I think we should remove the if (value instanceof Serializable) check. I am not really in favour of the IPersistable check (as that only allows people to archive classes that they have made themselves (if they were working with a third party library they would not be able to "store" the objects being created).

I would recommend something like StyleContent; that was just concerned with reading and writing ... it would be up to the person implementing this class to look at the object and store or retrieve an instance from the memento.

Jody

Back to the top