[udig-devel] How to implement custom DataStore?

Hello,

For couple of months I was working on an eclipse based application for traffic data analyses and now it's time to add some GIS support and I decided to use udig, which looks really nice.

What I need to do, is to display a map which consists of number of road stretches. I have is a file-based database that have an interface which provides a method that for given geographic coordinates and given list of road classes returns a list of all road stretches with attributes like name, geometry, maximum speed, etc. The data set is rather huge about 2GB, in order to keep good responsive UI it needs to limit the number of stretches to minimum - filtering based on zoom level (on the country level it only makes sense to show motor-ways for example).

I'm very new to both geotools and udig and I was wondering what is the best way to implement it.

Thanks a lot for help
Filip

Back to the top