Re: [udig-devel] A problem with a geotiff CRS

Ok,
try to do this.
Add the prj file to the original tif and tfw and try to import the file in this way. I personally use always this solution to not to go through the gdal or other conversions.

Let me know if this work.

Silvia

iomeneandrei wrote:
Ciao Silvia,
I'm not expert in projection too. I have produced that geotiff with
gdal_translate (bundled in FWTools 2.1.0 for win32bit).

Silvia Franceschi-2 wrote:
Hi Andrea,
provided that I am not an expert of projections and gdal I think you have something wrong in the geotif.

I hope it's an error of mine and not of FWTools. I have make a diff between
the files and I have had the differences you can see here:
http://aborruso.googlepages.com/rapporto.htm

To produce this geotiff I have used this command starting from a tif/tfw
couple:
gdal_translate -a_srs epsg:23033 input.tif output.tif

What do you think about?

thank you,

Andrea

-----