[udig-devel] Doubt on the catalog ConnectionFactory extension

I'm developing a plugin to implement a new type of layer for Udig 1.1.x. This layer uses a GeoTools DataStore as a source for data, connecting to a custom spatial database. I started "copying" the Postgis plugin, which seems quite similar to the one I need to write. The plugin is now correctly rendering data from the DataStore, without the implementation of a ConnectionFactory (the factory extension has been defined and the related class exists, but I didn't write any meaningful code in it). Now my question is: what's the purpose of the factory extension? Which features of Udig needs it?

Thanks in advance,
Mauro Bartolomeoli

Back to the top