[udig-devel] Help defining IService resources vs members and the idea of an IProcess

I need to update the java docs and training materials as a class I am running has just tripped up over this "undocumented" difference ... does anyone want to take a crack at what the difference is?

IService - represents a service (internal, local or remote)
IService.members( .. ): the contents of the IService as a tree of IResolve; contents are often IGeoReoResource (ie spatial data) but may be folders, or schema, or even process IService.resources( .. ): a helper method that collections all the IGeoResource from the IService.members() tree

Part of why I am interested is that I need to look over these relationships and expore how to advertise a Web Processing Service; so we will get some kind of IProcess interface over the next while.

Jody

Back to the top