Re: [udig-devel] Manipulation of Layer List Entries

A third idea for you; the JFace viewers support the concept of adding a Filter between the original model and the final viewer; you could define a filter that removes any layer that is not "in scale". This would enable you to set up the Layers view as you have now; and only show one of your "layers of varying detail" at a time...

Do you need pointers to JFace documentation or are you good?
Jody
Hi everyone,

we are looking for a way to manipulate information displayed in the "Layer
List". We connect to a WFS, that provides layers with varying detail, depending
on the current scale. This behaviour is handled by the service and works fine.
In the "Layer List", however, all layers are enumerated (e.g. 1:50,000,
1:100,000...): what we want is to aggregate these layers to one entry in the
"Layer List" with the feature name and the currently displayed scale layer.

Can someone point me into the right direction? I assume we have to patch some
udig internal code, we are using udig-1.1-RC14-SDK currently.

Thanks
Sven