Re: [udig-devel] postgis & postgres

I have one comment mainly for Vince and his team. Are you using DatastoreFinder in your application? If you are then you might think about why you are using it. With the uDig infrastructure and the ServiceFactory you shouldn't really need it at all. Rather you can create the params and call Catalog.getDefault().getServiceFactory ().acquire( params ). To get the service that works with those parameters. Or if you know that it is a postgis use the PostgisDatastireFactory directly.

We can fix the ArcSDEDatstoreFactory at some point but it isn't really high priority since there are fairly simple work arounds for it. (You are welcome to continue to convince us otherwise).

Jesse