Re: [udig-devel] MapEditor and context menu

Hey Adrian,

>1) Congrats on your transform tool. I got parts of it running (although
>without full success).

Sorry... I'll try to make it more stable as soon as we will have release of uDig trunk.
Are you playing with the new one (that includes interpolation stuff), or the old
one (just with 4 kinds of transformation methods)?

>2) In your post and based on your work, we are running into fundamental
>design issues which must be resolved. e.g. Your question about letting
>third parties completely define the map editor context menu and your
>strategy of building the transform vectors as a separate layer in the
>map. I'm hoping to come up with a good list of issues that we need to
>DESGIN so everyone can play nice with each other. Hopefully I can figure
>out a way to get the discussion started on each of these issues, but
>please, please write down these ideas as they come to you so we can
>track them when we do get around to a DESGIN summit.

The problem with context menu was just a note that I've discovered
during playing with other plugin - it has nothig to do with 'transformation'
one.
On other hand - I downloaded the axious plugins and I like the design and
I would like to implement also transform functionality in this manner... The problem is
that I'm terribly overworked in these days. I would like to try it at soon as things will
be calm little bit more again.

Cheers,
Jan.

Back to the top