Re: [udig-devel] GML loading - over the top?

At 22:10 12/09/2007, Jody Garnett wrote:
Vince Darley wrote:
The freeware Snowflake GML viewer manages to load all this data and visualise it very nicely, however, so I can at least assure you the data is good!
Very cool, can you send us a link? It would be nice to see this in action ... the parsers you have been using here with uDig really pay attention to the XSD file; most of the viewers I have met just go through the file and "guess" based on where they see Geometry used.

There's a OS Master Map GML Viewer and a general GML Viewer (which seems to be a superset of the former). They contain details of a number of schemas built in, it seems. (And the website encourages users of other GML formats to email details of schemas they want to have supported better).

The links are:

http://www.snowflakesoftware.co.uk/products/viewer/index.htm
http://www.snowflakesoftware.co.uk/products/gmlviewer/index.htm

I've attached a screenshot of one of the tools in action on some data (actually the data we would really like to parse, which is in a different area to the small sample I sent you).

regards,

Vince.