Re: [udig-devel] Polygons drawn with PolygonTool not in my FeatureStore...

I don't see anything obvious I'm afraid. I could suggest another way of doing this though. You could make a new Tool that extends the PolygonTool and overrides the addAcceptBehaviours() method. The overridden method would add a new behaviour which could either add the created polygon to the Layer's black board (or just do nothing). Then your search method could use the shape on the layer's blackboard (you wouldn't need a dedicated layer for this) to construct the search query. If you did not add any new behaviour (just overrode the addAcceptBehaviours method with an empty method) then you could use the shape on the EditBlackboard to construct your query. To get the correct blackboard do: EditblackboardUtils.getEditBlackboard ( ApplicationGIS.createContext(layer.getMap), layer ).

Jesse