[udig-devel] Editing shapefiles

Hi all,
trying to understand why udig has so many problem editing shapefiles I obtained this error when I tried to copy some features from one layer to an other and commit or export a new shapefile.
I am running udig on linux...

Maybe there is something wrong in my installation or in some configurations...

Does anyone knows something about this error?

java.io.IOException: Current fid index is null, next must be called before remove at org.geotools.data.shapefile.indexed.IndexedFidWriter.write(IndexedFidWriter.java:180) at org.geotools.data.shapefile.indexed.IndexedShapefileDataStore$Writer.write(IndexedShapefileDataStore.java:1742) at org.geotools.data.shapefile.indexed.IndexedShapefileDataStore$Writer.close(IndexedShapefileDataStore.java:1554) at org.geotools.data.TransactionStateDiff.applyDiff(TransactionStateDiff.java:253) at org.geotools.data.TransactionStateDiff.commit(TransactionStateDiff.java:140) at org.geotools.data.DefaultTransaction.commit(DefaultTransaction.java:182) at net.refractions.udig.project.internal.impl.UDIGTransaction.commitInternal(UDIGTransaction.java:48) at net.refractions.udig.project.internal.impl.EditManagerImpl.commitTransaction(EditManagerImpl.java:263) at net.refractions.udig.project.internal.commands.selection.CommitCommand.run(CommitCommand.java:36) at net.refractions.udig.project.command.CommandManager$Executor.execute(CommandManager.java:400) at net.refractions.udig.project.command.CommandManager$Executor.run(CommandManager.java:325) at net.refractions.udig.project.command.CommandManager$Executor.run(CommandManager.java:311)
       at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:58)

Thanks in advance,

Silvia

Back to the top