Re: [udig-devel] Plugging uDig into other applications

Hello James,

Yes, it's possible to disable much of the uDig functionality.
Unfortunately, it takes a lot of knowledge to get started using uDig
including understanding the ISO standards, Geotools, JTS, GeoAPI, the
Eclipse RCP system and uDig itself.

No, it would not make sense to embed uDig in another application, unless
your application is itself an Eclipse RCP in which case it's easy.

If all you want is a map to render layers, check out the Geotools
project. You can use that directly to show maps. There is an example in
the demo/introduction package.

cheers,
adrian