Re: [udig-devel] what about charting?

The BRIT project has some chart stuff that is very cool - but that is a 900 pound solution (incidentally one that may be attractive for printing maps in bulk).

There are numerous SWT / JFace charting widget projects around - but like you I do not know of any clear winner.
Jody

Is there something that has been defined to be the standard for doing
charts inside UDig? I used to use jfreechart and loved it, but my first
tests with swt are not so nice. Also using the replication of java2d
images to swt images is not the nicest to do, since all the events
jfreechart has, get lost.

So anyone out there that does advanced charting and report creations?

Ciao
Andrea