Re: [udig-devel] Re: udig-devel Digest, Vol 37, Issue 22

Yvonne Baeverle wrote:
Cory Horner wrote:
Are you trying to get uDig to interact with the geotools widget you wrote, or is this separate? Based on your description, you probably want to set up a Web Feature Server (WFS) to indirectly edit your shapefile (there is code in geotools for this too). Alternatively, you could use Geoserver to handle this -- as they've already done this...

I just want to use the easiest way.
to open the map I use JMapPane from geotools.
So you wrote there is a possibility to use geotools for drawing on JMapPane. Actually I cannot find something, so do you know where I can find information?

JMapPane is a simple demo and will not support this functionality. Of course you are welcome to fork the code and add this functionality, but it will take effort and learning of the GeoTools API.

Unfortunately I don't really know what you're trying to do, and JMapPane doesn't seem like the appropriate tool for the job. To give you a real answer, I need to know *why*.

If you really want to write code:
- the geotools users e-mail list is probably a more appropriate venue

If you want your data to be published and editable:
- Geoserver (http://www.geoserver.org), OpenLayers, or any of a handful of similar projects (this reduces the work to configuration, not coding)

Cory.

Back to the top