Re: [udig-devel] Re: udig-devel Digest, Vol 37, Issue 22

Yvonne Baeverle wrote:
Hi all, I"m a student and not a  really good programmer.
But I need to draw polygons on a map for my project .
For loading map and .shp file I use geotools. That works perfect.
But now I'm going to use udig for drawing on the map.
Can someone give me an idea how I have to solve this problem?
I have no idea and I found no examples.

Hi Yvonne,

Are you trying to get uDig to interact with the geotools widget you wrote, or is this separate? Based on your description, you probably want to set up a Web Feature Server (WFS) to indirectly edit your shapefile (there is code in geotools for this too). Alternatively, you could use Geoserver to handle this -- as they've already done this...

Cory.

Back to the top