[udig-devel] FAQs?

I'm new to uDig, running Linux (Slackware), and wonder if what I see
is what should be expected.  My data sources are local shapefiles
and PostGIS features (imported from shapefiles).

1. I don't get any information (no new tabs or windows appear)
  when I select the "Info" tool and click on a polygon.  Is
  this a known problem for Linux?

2. I cannot get the online help; I get a popup window titled
  "Problems Opening Link" containing the message "Unable to
  open web browser on {0}".  Is there some way to specify an
  external application (Firefox) as the web browser?

3. I don't have the ArcSDE plugin and I don't need it.  Can I tell
  uDig not to go looking for it, otherwise the log file gets lots
  of exception information about this?

4. I wish the layer style composer would allow an unlimited number
  of unique values rather than a maximum of 12.  Then I could export
  the SLD and customize it.  I don't want to group text values.
  Does this make sense?

Peter
--
Peter N. Schweitzer (MS 954, U.S. Geological Survey, Reston, VA 20192)
(703) 648-6533  FAX: (703) 648-6252  email: pschweitzer@xxxxxxxx

Back to the top