Re: [udig-devel] Can feature, created programmaticaly, has another ID than "newN"?

Hi,

So this is a tricky part of the API. When features are added to a new datastore the ids are chosen by that datastore so that the datastore does not have duplicate ids. There is nothing that can be done about that. However the AddFeaturesCommand does have a getNewFeature method that returns the new feature. Also if you use the CopyFeatureCommand it will automatically select the copied features.

Jesse