Re: [udig-devel] How can we create new layer from given features?

Hi,

I'll answer in-line:

On Apr 5, 2007, at 2:55 PM, Sergiy Doroshenko wrote:

Hi!

I need to remove some features from given layer - and create new layer
from features that remains.
Does uDig allows creating layres of the map from set of features?

Take a look at the code snippets available at: http:// svn.geotools.org/udig/branches/1.1.x/udig/tutorials/ net.refractions.udig.code.examples/src/net/refractions/udig/code/ examples/

It shows how to create a temporary layer which you can use to copy features to. It also get features from the source layer. Finally it shows how to create a new resource and add it to a map.

And another question: how can we create map graphic layer like "Grid
Layer" - for example rectangle, that shows on the map?

This is just a simple eclipse extension that you need to make. Add a dependency to your plugin on net.refractions.udig.mapgraphic and save. Then switch to the Extensions tab of your Manifest.MF editor and add a mapgraphic extension. Fill out the form and create the MapGraphic implementation. It is a simple interface.

Take a look at :

http://udig.refractions.net/confluence/display/DEV/3+Plugin+Tutorial

For a tutorial on how to develop a uDig/eclipse plugin.

Jesse

Back to the top