Re: [udig-devel] Interaction with system eclipse

Hello Prof. Keitt,

Glad you resolved your hexagonal tiling issue---it made me chuckle as
being one of those really fundamental user needs, to re-partition a
coverage, that none of our software yet handles with grace.

The reports in your message have been filed as the following bugs:

The first is not something that has come up recently but may be a known
design issue that the refraction folk have chosen not to tackle yet---we
will surely find out next week when they get back to work.
    http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/UDIG-1231

The second is really unfortunate but surprises me because I've never run
into similar problems. Would you be willing to report it with a bit more
detail? I've got a bunch of different eclipses, of uDigs, and of
workspaces on this machine so poking around to try to find the same
issue as you experienced would be non-trivial. Is all of your eclipse
and udig work occurring in the same workspace, say in ~/workspace?
Eclipse and uDig have historically had the bad habit on gnu* systems of
happily creating workspaces or writing into workspaces without asking
the user for permission or for alternatives. So we may have to work
around an eclipse issue or may simply need to make uDig more robust
during startup. Thanks for any more info you could provide.
    http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/UDIG-1232

(Also, you probably saw Edzer Pebesma's response to my note on an R link
to PostGIS. I'm hoping to get back to that discussion about how/if R
wants to handle spatial analysis on objects significantly larger than
main memory. However, I've run into a showstopper bug in uDig that I
have to fix before I can get back to that interesting question.)

happy (my) birthday to all,

--adrian

Back to the top