[udig-devel] No luck with the refractions WMS

Hi Udiggers,

Seems I'm out of luck today when evaluating several programs like WorldWind 1.4 and uDig for shapefile display and WMS/WFS import.

Specifically I thought I should try to load the refractions sample WMS server into uDig 1.1.RC9.
So I took the URL from the uDig website:
  http://www.refractions.net:8080/geoserver/wms/GetCapabilities
and copied it into the WMS dialog which asked for the GetCapabilities document.

The result is an error dialog telling me that the "insert" was terminated abnormally because of a NullPointerExceptions. Same with uDig 1.1.RC8.

I HATE NullPointerExceptions! ;-)

I should mention that the JPL WMS server (first on the list) works for me.

Anyway, is this problem known, is the URL wrong, am I too stupid for the user friendly GIS or what's going on?
--
Matthias Basler
matthiasbasler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Back to the top