Re: [udig-devel] How do i start uDig with java -jar startup.jar?

There are examples of how to use Java Web Start with an RCP application; from research I cannot see anything in uDig that prevents this. The uDig executable is just the normal eclipse.exe - you can start uDig as just a java program
(as is done when doing development).

You should be able to check how uDig was started up using the Help menu. There is an option (perhaps in About?) that
will show you your start up configuration including command line options.

Cheers,
Jody
Hello,

i'm trying to use uDig with Java Web Start. First i would like to know how i can start udig without the launcher (the udig executable in the udig/ directory).

I tried: java -jar startup.jar -application net.refractions.udig.ui.uDig -debug

As result i get the message: "Starting application: 1234" But no application is started :-(

I also tried the uDig.sh script which i found on the udig website which sets some more arguments.

I'm doing this on Linux RedHat.

What am i doing wrong here?

Regards
Carsten