Re: [udig-devel] Export empty shapefile

Thanks Jesse,
I use the udig1.1.RC9 version. I think this is the last version but maybe it isn't...

Silvia

First of all if you select a feature using the select tool, not the edit tool (there is a bug with the edit tool) then select Edit>Copy. You should be able to paste it into another Feature layer. There is logic to covert the shape to the correct geometry type as well. For example you can copy a polygon into a line or point layer. Then you can just commit the layer that had the copy.

But that doesn't really your question does it.

I have to ask first what version of uDig are you using. The last 2 versions have had fixes.

Jesse