From: *Ersin Ünsal* <ersin.unsal@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:ersin.unsal@xxxxxxxxx>>
Date: Feb 13, 2007 5:39 PM
Subject: Re: [udig-devel] UDIG New User
To: User-friendly Desktop Internet GIS <udig-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:udig-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>>

I've Windows XP Proffesional installed on my machine and the filesystem if NTFS.

On 2/13/07, *Paul Ramsey* <pramsey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:pramsey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    It might be unzip, it might also be filesystem.  Is it possible this
    copy of windows is installed on a FAT32 filesystem rather than NTFS?

    <mailto:jgarnett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
    <mailto:jgarnett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> >> wrote:

    >>     You may want to try WinRAR ... it is a tough problem.
    >>     Jody
    >>     > Hi,
    >>     >
    >>     > I am new to UDIG and I want to make a quick start. I
    downloaded
    >>     both
    >>     > UDIG-1.1.0 RC8 binary and sdk for eclipse.
    >>     >
    >>     > I could install UDIG-1.1.0 RC8 succesfully but when I want
    >> to start
    >>     > uDig I encounter the error message below.
    >>     >
    >>     > Moreover, I want to try uDig sdk, I have eclipse installed
    >>     properly on
    >>     > my machine. However, I couldn't unzip uDig SDK,
    >>     > I encounter "too long file name" error message when I want to
    >>     extract
    >>     > with winzip.
    >>     >
    >>     > Can anyone help?
    >>     >
    >>     >
    >>     > Ersin
    >>     > >>>>
    >>     > java.lang.ClassNotFoundException :
    >>     > net.refractions.udig.project.ui.internal.ProjectExplorer
    >>     >  at
    >>     >
    org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleLoader.findClass
    >>     (BundleLoader.java :402)
    >>     >  at
    >> org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleLoader.findClass
    >>     > (BundleLoader.java:347)
    >>     >  at
    >>     >

    >> org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.loadClass
    >> (DefaultClassLoader.java
    >>     :83)
    >>     >  at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
    >>     >  at
    >> org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleLoader.loadClass
    >>     > (BundleLoader.java:278)
    >>     >  at
    >>     > org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.loadClass
    >>     (BundleHost.java:227)
    >>     >  at
    >>     >

    >> org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.loadClass
    >> (AbstractBundle.java:1245)
    >>     >  at
    >>     >

    org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.osgi.RegistryStrategyOSGI.createEx
    >> ecutableExtension
    >>
    >>     > (RegistryStrategyOSGI.java:147)
    >>     >  at
    >>     >

    org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ExtensionRegistry.createExecutable
    >> Extension(ExtensionRegistry.java:759)
    >>     >  at
    >>     >

    org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ConfigurationElement.createExecuta
    >> bleExtension
    >>
    >>     > (ConfigurationElement.java:243)
    >>     >  at
    >>     >

    org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ConfigurationElementHandle.createE
    >> xecutableExtension(ConfigurationElementHandle.java:51)
    >>     >  at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPlugin$1.run
    >>     (WorkbenchPlugin.java
    >>     > :242)
    >>     >  at
    >>     org.eclipse.swt.custom.BusyIndicator.showWhile
    >> (BusyIndicator.java:67)
    >>     >  at
    >>     >
    >>     org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPlugin.createExtension
    >> (WorkbenchPlugin.java:238)
    >>     >  at org.eclipse.ui.internal.registry.ViewDescriptor.createView
    >>     > (ViewDescriptor.java :69)
    >>     >  at
    >>     >
    >>     org.eclipse.ui.internal.ViewReference.createPartHelper
    >> (ViewReference.java:292)
    >>     >  at
    >>     > org.eclipse.ui.internal.ViewReference.createPart
    >>     (ViewReference.java:197)
    >>     >  at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPartReference.getPart
    >>     > (WorkbenchPartReference.java:566)
    >>     >  at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartPane.setVisible
    >> (PartPane.java:290)
    >>     >  at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ViewPane.setVisible
    >> (ViewPane.java:525)
    >>     >  at
    >> org.eclipse.ui.internal.presentations.PresentablePart.setVisible
    >>     > (PresentablePart.java:140)
    >>     >  at
    >>     >

    org.eclipse.ui.internal.presentations.util.PresentablePartFolder.sele
    >> ct
    >>     ( PresentablePartFolder.java:268)
    >>     >  at
    >>     >

    org.eclipse.ui.internal.presentations.util.LeftToRightTabOrder.select
    >> (LeftToRightTabOrder.java
    >>     > :65)
    >>     >  at
    >>     >

    org.eclipse.ui.internal.presentations.util.TabbedStackPresentation.se
    <http://org.eclipse.ui.internal.presentations.util.tabbedstackpresentation.se/>
> [...]
    >> (PartStack.java :1311)
    >>     >  at
    >>     org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartStack.createControl(PartStack.java:
    >> 601)
    >>     >  at
    >>     org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartStack.createControl
    >> (PartStack.java :532)
    >>     >  at
    >>     >
    >>     org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartSashContainer.createControl
    >> (PartSashContainer.java:562)
    >>     >  at
    >>     >
    >>     org.eclipse.ui.internal.PerspectiveHelper.activate
    >> (PerspectiveHelper.java
    >>     > :244)
    >>     >  at
    >>     org.eclipse.ui.internal.Perspective.onActivate
    >> (Perspective.java:815)
    >>     >  at
    >>     >
    >>     org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.onActivate
    >> (WorkbenchPage.java:2436)
    >>     >  at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchWindow$6.run
    >>     (WorkbenchWindow.java
    >>     > :2616)
    >>     >  at
    >>     org.eclipse.swt.custom.BusyIndicator.showWhile
    >> (BusyIndicator.java:67)
    >>     >  at
    >>     >
    >>     org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchWindow.setActivePage
    >> (WorkbenchWindow.java:2597)
    >>     >  at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchWindow.busyOpenPage
    >>     > (WorkbenchWindow.java :658)
    >>     >  at
    >>     >
    >>     org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.busyOpenWorkbenchWindow
    >> (Workbench.java:795)
    >>     >  at
    >>     > org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.doOpenFirstTimeWindow
    >>     (Workbench.java:1437)
    >>     >  at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.openFirstTimeWindow
    >>     > (Workbench.java:1388)
    >>     >  at
    >>     >
    >>     org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchConfigurer.openFirstTimeWindow
    >> (WorkbenchConfigurer.java
    >>     :190)
    >>     >  at
    >>     >
    >>     org.eclipse.ui.application.WorkbenchAdvisor.openWindows
    >> (WorkbenchAdvisor.java:708)
    >>     >  at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.init (Workbench.java:
    >> 1085)
    >>     >  at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI (Workbench.java :
    >> 1847)
    >>     >  at
    >>     >
    >>     org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench
    >> (Workbench.java:419)
    >>     >  at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench
    >>     (PlatformUI.java:149)
    >>     >  at
    >>     > net.refractions.udig.internal.ui.UDIGApplication.run
    >>     (UDIGApplication.java:41)
    >>     >  at
    >>     >
    >>     org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.PlatformActivator$1.run

    org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runAppli
    >> cation
    >>
    >>     > (EclipseAppLauncher.java:92)
    >>     >  at
    >>     >

    >> org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start
    >> (EclipseAppLauncher.java:68)
    >>     >  at
    >>     > org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run
    >>     (EclipseStarter.java:400)
    >>     >  at
    >>     >
    >>     org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run
    >> (EclipseStarter.java:177)
    >>     >  at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native
    Method)