[udig-devel] standard way to do file access and exception throwing

Some doubts I have:

1) what is used to wrap a file access in a standard way? We had
something like a datasource which just decided if it was a file: or smb:
or http: and had facilities to get readers, writers, stream and so. I'm
sure this is also in udig, but I can't find it. If not, what is the
logic to follow?

2) how to properly throw exceptions? When to send in red to the
statusbar? Is there a way to open a dialog with the error description
and a log to send? How is this dealth with in general?

Thanks for advices,
Andrea

Back to the top