[udig-devel] Re: a query -- student from India

Hi Suganya:

uDig as a front end works just fine with PostGIS; the network analysis part is up to you (although you can start by looking into the geotools graph package which at least has "shortest route" code written up).
Have fun,
Jody
Dear Mr.Garnett,
I am Suganya Baskaran from Anna University, Chennai, India.
I am working on a Location based services project as a part of my college work. I m using open source softwares for the entire implementation of the project (except the OS which is windows). It is basically a "network analysis" project in which a mobile phone user would be provided with "route maps" to any service (for eg, hospitals) near the place where he is located. I would like to know the capability of UDIG in the network analysis (finding shortest route between two places etc) and its compatibility with POST GIS. Thanking you,
waiting for your reply,
Suganya Baskaran

Sucker-punch spam <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=49981/*http://advision.webevents.yahoo.com/mailbeta/features_spam.html> with award-winning protection. Try the free Yahoo! Mail Beta. <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=49981/*http://advision.webevents.yahoo.com/mailbeta/features_spam.html>

Back to the top