Re: [udig-devel] uDig "pre-filtering" for WFS layers...

Hi uDig has this functionality but it is well hidden right now. IE it is only exposed in the code. If a layer has a filter on its blackboard (with a certain key I can't remember of the top of my head, you can look in IProjectBlackboardConstants) then that filter will be applied to all datastore queries (PostGis, Shapefile, WFS, etc...). However since it is essentially a view the layer will be read-only.

So all you would have to do is create a plugins that addes a property page extension for ILayer that allows the user to declare a filter (or query) for the layer.

Jesse