Re: [udig-devel] Re: Current and future requirements

Is there a particular reason for waiting for gdal for the ECW support?
We used to have it in JGrass through the ermapper library. As far as I
know gdal will have the same problem, i.e. that you can't distribute the
library. However you can produce the code and let the user download the
jar on its own. It is tricky, but I assume gdal has the same problem (I
can't remember right now). Something changed in the licenses, but I
didn't gave it a look.

Other two questions:
- is there some thought about a usermanagement in udig? Something like:
I have more than a user that is doing simulations with udig and he needs
to have to login so that the system can keep track of who is doing what.
- I see it is possible to color features by classes. In the style wizard
in the combobox there are max only 12 possible classes. Why is that
limited to 12?

Andrea