Re: [udig-devel] Problems with uDIG Table View and Rendering

Thanks for the correction :-) Do you have a source code link ...

Cheers,
Jody

Excuse me. Id like to point out, as a volunteer developer of gvSIG, that gvSIG doesnt save any geometry in memory. gvSIG uses a lightweight DAO based architecture (in its FMap library).

To show tables it uses a JTable/TableModel component.

Best regards

Opps - yep PostGIS will suck without an index. I am actually *really*
happy it worked at all this time without an index. Greating testing ....

Moving on - you need to create a spatial index for your geometry. Doing
so will making things wonderful in terms of rendering.  I am not
familiar enough with the TableView code to know if it will be effected
by an index yet.

As mentioned earlier OpenJump and gcSig are sucking back the geometry
into memory (from which point on they will feel the same). uDig leaves
it on disk (well database in this case), so you should see better
performance as you zoom in. At the resolution where editing occurs uDig
should be snappy, and you should not be able to "max out" uDig as
happens with OpenJUMP.

Cheers.
Jody
PS. I am sure we can match the OpenJUMP and gvSig table functionality -
we are always looking for volunteers.
--
Alvaro Zabala Ordóñez

Teléfono: 954939528