Re: [udig-devel] Problems with uDIG Table View and Rendering

Hello Jody,

my postgis database runs on the same computer. I haven't used an index yet. For which attributes should i generate an index? The geometry or ogc_fid?

I don't know if can use an index because the table gets more and more point features inserted from outside.

I'm using the same postgis table in uDIG, OpenJUMP and gvSIG. OpenJUMP und gvSIG rendering "feels" to be the same. It responds fast enough. But when i use uDIG then the rendering "feels" slow. When i do a Zoom Operation with a Zoom-Box, the Zoom-Box is drawn slowly and it seams to take longer to show all my layers.

Someone told me that the current swt table implementation is very simple, the JFace table should be better. Why is the OpenJUMP and gvSIG Table capable to handle 100000 of features without problems?

Cheers
Carsten

Back to the top