Re: [udig-devel] Problems with uDIG Table View and Rendering

Well, this has changed lately. OpenJump now has a postgis (datastore) layer, which renders directly from database (with optional caching of features in the viewport). It's a bit of a hack, but works well. We added editing to it (still another hack which worked rather well) and were quite satisfied with performance and scalability on large datasets (10^6 geometries).

We would prefer to use UDIG for that project, but we had to choose JUMP because of a) editing tools b) stability c) its simplicity (which unfortunately comes with significant loss of generality).

Jesse Eichar wrote:
At least with open JUMP (I don't know about gvSIG) the features are kept in memory. So openJump is very fast but it is also not very scalable.

Back to the top