RE: [udig-devel] JGrass and uDig & DIVA-GIS

Hi Reinhard,

> I am Reinhard Simon from the International Potato Center. We are
> working too on an application being moved on to uDig called DIVA-GIS.
> Our focus is on georeferencing support, biodiversity analysis and
> plant/variety distribution prediction tools. I''ve, too, an interest
> in piping models some time down the road.
> I noticed your reference to an open modeling standard. Do you think
> the standard is generic enough to link biodiverisity or species models
> with other models (climate, water,..)?

That open modeling was designed very flexible for linking whatever in a
time chain. With OpenMI we are talking about a set of Interfaces and
since the implementation, apart of the standard one, can be up to the
user, I assume it should be ok also for what you need it for.

> An alternative I've been reflecting about is using workflow engines -
> do you have any experience there or thoughts on relative merits?

I never used workflow engines, can you supply me some example?
Probably it would be better to go offlist, since we are sliding out of
topic.

Ciao
Andrea

Back to the top