[udig-devel] Re: [Geotools-gt2-users] need a help on displaying parcels with colors

You need a GIS application ;-)

You can download uDig (mentioned below) and create a new shapefile (it shows how in the tutorials), then you need to digitize ...
#1 place a background layer of some sort on your map
#2 turn on the "mylar" button
#3 take scan of your map, add a "world file" so you can bring it into uDig as a world+image (finding the location of the for points will suck) (you can cycle between your background layer and your scanned image as needed, and mylar will let you see from one to the other)
   You may have to refresh your image as you edit the world file
#4 create a shapefile, and start tracing data into it using the edit tools

Fun.
Jody
Thank you for your answer.
I just wanna give more explanation : The map I have is not digitalized. It is a drawing on paper sheet. I need to create a shapefile to visualize this map on my GisTools.
I have all coordinates of parcels.
So my question is, how to do this ?
Thank you Jody