[udig-devel] uDig 1.1.0-RC8 Released!

We are happy to announce another release towards our goal of the 1.1.0 final release. There were a number of important bugs that were addressed as well as a number of usability improvements were made.

A few notable changes are:

- When a feature's geometry is editing it is completely modified in- place, the "original" is no longer displayed while editing only to be updated on a commit.
- The ArcSDE plugin now works, please test it and send in bug reports.
- Numerous fixes to the Hole tool, it is now only to be used for creating holes - Editing in the table view has been improved so that it does not reload each time an edit occurs. It attempts to make the changes in- place.
- Table view now works for WFS layers
- A number of issues with regards to changing a layer's projection have been addressed
- The CRS of a layer can be declared when creating the layer.
- The "stutter" effect (problem) when panning has been fixed.
- Sorting by attribute in the table has been fixed so features can be sorted in either ascending and descending directions

The detailed release notes can be found here:
<http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa? version=13045&styleName=Html&projectId=10600&Create=Create>

GIF image

<http://udig.refractions.net/downloads/udig-1.1.0-RC8.exe>

GIF image

<http://udig.refractions.net/downloads/udig-1.1.0- RC8.linux.gtk.x86.zip>

GIF image

 <http://udig.refractions.net/downloads/uDig-1.1.0-RC8.dmg>

Have fun and let us know your thoughts on the release,

The uDig Team

Back to the top