[udig-devel] FeatureWriting and indexing

Hello, I've made some plugins for editing data (data saved in shapefiles) and sometimes after editing data the layers in uDig just happen to get a red X. The red X disappears if I close uDig delete the indexing files (*.fix, *.qix) and reopen uDig. (you cannot delete them while uDig is running)
Can I somehow tell uDig not to make indexing files? When writting data to shapefiles do I have to update also the indexing files? If yes, how do I access them and edit them?

Damjan Šavko

Back to the top