Re: [udig-devel] Layer Selection vs Current Layer

M.S.Bachler wrote:
OK,

I have not had my morning cup of tea yet, and am a bit lost.
Lets simplify things for my brain.

Q: How can I get the 'Selection View' to change it's contents to match
the currently selected layer?
I hear you, and I think what Jesse "fixed" will work.

My point was that the Selection View is not what many of the other views are "watching" and listening to. They are watching the user, and will notice if the user has selected a layer on the selection view, or on the
projects view, or on a custom "legend view" you made up yourself.

Sorry if that is not a helpful response :-( Let me try again ...

If you changed the current selection of the map via Java code the Selection view should update. However that will only change the workbench selection (ie what the user is looking at) if the
Selection view is the "active" part.

If the user was looking at a Feature (if a FeatureEditor), changing the currently selected layer
would not have an effect for example.

Jody

Back to the top