Re: [udig-devel] uDig 1.1.M5

On 3/4/06, Jody Garnett <jgarnett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Jesse Eichar wrote:
> > Hi all,
> > I just thought I'd let you know that another very minor release has
> > been pushed out the door.  Primarily for Gary.  There are a number of
> > bug fixes in this release.  For example the catalog view loads lazily
> > now (again) so the number of WMSs in the catalog no longer determine
> > how long uDig takes to start up.  I've added a preference so you can
> > set the background color of maps.  You can't change the background
> > color of an existing map yet, that's coming up.  But you can set the
> > default background color.  Some bug fixes to editing have taken place
> > as well as some tweaks to the styling dialog.
> Can we send these things out to the news sites? At post on the udig
> site, from the outside world it looks like udDg has stopped functioning.
> gvSig and others all have more recent postings on slashgeo, freegis, etc...

You guys should really use freshmeat for every single milestone release. You can set it up to have stable and unstable branches as well, announcing releases off of each.

You get anywere from 300-1000 additional looks, as lots of people check the feed. It will often pop up on java.net and the like, just from the freshmeat posting. I'd definitely add it to your release process.

best regards,

Chris

> Jody

Chris Holmes
The Open Planning Project
thoughts at: http://cholmes.wordpress.com
begin:vcard
fn:Chris Holmes
n:Holmes;Chris
org:The Open Planning Project
adr:;;377 Broadway, 11th Floor;New York;NY;10013;USA
email;internet:cholmes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
title:VP, Strategic Development
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://topp.openplans.org