[udig-devel] Preferences in UDIG

Title: Preferences in UDIG

Hello!

From my point of view it's the time to think (or at least to start to think :-) about customization and preference management in UDIG. I would like to see unified structure of preferences pages combining by let's say "categories".

Consider the "Preferences" dialog.

Just to outline what I mean:

+Project

        -Map (default preferences for the map, such as default CRS when new     map is created)

        -Layer (default preferences for the layer, whatever)

        -

+Tools

        -Selection tool (different style settings - how selection graphics is   rendered, whatever)

        -Editing (here for example animation can be switched off/on in all              editing tools, whatever)

                -Split tool

                -Merge tool

                -

+Renderers

        -WMS renderer

        -Shapefile renderer

        -

I suggest to think out about structure and define basic preferences categories that should be described somewhere in documentation. Developers will follow them to support unified preferences framework.

Vitali.

Back to the top