De : Jody Garnett <jgarnett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Envoyé par : udig-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date : 23/01/2006 06:04PM
Objet : Re: [udig-devel] Info tool questions

sebastien.piau@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> We want to be able to show attributes differently (with differents
> layouts) depending on the selected feature type.
>
> What we have done :
>
> At the moment we modified the « InfoView2 » class in order to be able
> to use the « info tool » functionnalities (blinking area, automated
> features selection under the mouse click)
>
>           o We modified the showDetail function in order to add a
>             filter on the featureType and call our personalized interface
>           o Created differents « OurFeatureDisplayx » classes which
>             are calling from « Infoview2 ». One class for each feature
>             type.
>
> Now, our questions:
>
>           o How do we use the « info tool » functionalities without
>             modify code.
>           o How do we use the extension points for that
>           o Do you plan to integrate such functionalities in Udig in
>             the next few weeks (or months) ?

As with several of your other questions, we have a "policy" of not
making things extensible until asked (otherwise we would never finish
*anything*).

So you have done the first step, now the Info tool is already extensible
- it figures out:
a) how to make a request of each of the "well known" types - we can
break this out into an extention point that you can customize
b) it also displays the content differently based on the content type

Would the above meet your needs? Or do we need to set up a system
similar to how the FeatureEditor? Where we look up the correct user
interface based on the feature type?

Jody