Re: [udig-devel] SDK installation unders linux

Laugier Vincent a écrit :

Hello,

I am trying to install a udig development environment to work on a plugin that handle automatic update of a map

so far, I am stucked with some installation problem on my linux distrib

I am running eclipse 3.1.1 and a jdk_1.5.04

I have tried 2 things :

1. install the SDK *from the zip file.* The problem is that I do not manage to create the tutorial plugin DistanceTool since I am not given the extension type "Modal Tool". I looked at some previous posts and saw a similar problem. The advice was to try to install from the source which I did.

2. install the SDK* from the source code*. This time I managed to get the "Modal tool" choice but udig is not working properly. For example, the map is not updated as I check or uncheck a layer. Since it was the first time I was doing this I have been trying again tonight more carefully but the codetemplates.xml and codeformatter.xml needed to configure eclipse (http://udig.refractions.net/confluence/display/UDIG/Eclipse+Preferences) do not appear in the trunk anymore.

apart from this, the information tool is not working on none of the installation (even the "run only" udig)...it gives me a "moziila not find" error message in the console (already reported in 2005)

I will be very grateful if someone can give me some hints so that I can actually start working and give you some more cheering feedback

thanks

vincent