Re: [udig-devel] perspectives and views visibility

Jesse Eichar wrote:
Jody has some interesting points.  If you are exporting the application using the udig.product file you have to add you new plugin to a feature or create a new feature that contains your plugins.  If you do not have the plugin as part of a feature the udig.product will not realize that the plugin is part of the application and as a result it will not be exported.

Jesse
Is that a behaviour of the 1.1M2 version? I tried with a previous version (i think 1.1M1) and it's working without creating the feature.
I think I have to study a lot!
In any case I'll try to understand how the features are working.
ivan

Ivan Zerlotti wrote:

I'm using 1.1M2 that I've successfully compiled.
I coded some simply views and a perspective that are all correctly working when I launch uDig as a application from Eclipse, but are completely invisible when I launch uDig as a standalone application.
When I'm launching from Eclipse I can see the views in the Window --> Show View --> Other ... menu under the correct category (as I set in plugin.xml) and the perspective in the Window --> Open Perspective --> Other... menu.
When I'm launching uDig as a standalone application I can't see either the views or the perspective.
Can someone help me in understanding wher I'm wrong?
Thank you in advance.
Best regards
ivan