[udig-devel] Listener doesn't register the first time

Hi,

I've managed to register and listen for the changes in the map. My plugin is now notified whenever the map is rendered. However I need to add and remove listeners whenever different maps are opened and closed. Here are the steps:

- Check open maps to see if at least one is open (ApplicationGIS.getOpenMaps())
- If map changed then remove the listeners from the previous maps
- If there are maps then register a listener in the active map and save a copy of the map

However the listeners only activate when the map is refreshed.. for example: I open up a map, and nothing happens, I open up another and nothing happens, but when I come back to the first one, the listeners are working... like they were in a queue waiting to be registered...

Does anything like this happen? If so, is there anyway to trigger a manual refresh?

Thanks in advance,
Tiago Silva

Back to the top